Less than 25% of adults in Pennsylvania are up to date with these clinical preventive services:
- The influenza vaccine
- Breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screenings
- West Philadelphia has the highest rate of preventable hospitalizations of all of the neighborhoods in Philadelphia.
- Over 10% of people in the state needed to see a doctor in the past year, but could not because of cost.
- Blacks/African Americans in Philadelphia have the shortest life expectancy compared to other major races and ethnicities.
- The leading causes of death for someone age 65 or older include heart disease, cancer, and respiratory conditions.
Spectrum offers the following services to maintain good adult health:
- Vaccinations, screenings, and other clinical preventive services. You should visit your doctor at least once a year for routine preventive care.
- Annual physicals including blood work to screen for various illnesses and diseases.
- Quality healthcare regardless of an individual's ability to pay. We accept most insurances, and discounted fees are based on household income and family size.
- Geriatric care management.