Behavioral Health Services
- Nearly 20% of adults in Philadelphia have been diagnosed with a mental health condition, including depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder. Many more go undiagnosed.
- Over three quarters of adults, both with mental health symptoms and without mental health symptoms, believe that treatment is effective in helping those with mental illness to live normal lives.
- In 2013 alone, over 40,000 people in the United States died related to self-harm/suicide.
- Nearly 3 in 10 women and 1 in 10 men in America have experienced rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner.
Spectrum offers the following services to maintain good mental health
- Help with the stress of managing chronic health conditions including diabetes, high blood pressure, and pain
- Assistance with managing mood disorders such as depression and anxiety
- Support for recovery from substance use and referrals for additional help
- Help to quit smoking