- Most adults show signs of gum disease. Severe gum disease affects about 14% of adults aged 45 to 54.
- Chronic disabling diseases such as jaw joint diseases (TMD), diabetes, and osteoporosis affect millions of Americans and compromise oral health and functioning.
- Women report certain painful mouth and facial conditions (TMD disorders, migraine headaches, and burning mouth syndrome) more often than men.
- Patients with weakened immune systems, such as those infected with HIV, and who use some medications such as steroids are at higher risk for some oral problems.
- Employed adults lose more than 164 million hours of work each year due to oral health problems or dental visits.
SPECTRUM OFFERS the following to maintain good oral health:
- Routine dental cleanings
- Oral examinations
- Digital X-rays/panoramic X-rays
- Cleanings (prophy)/scaling
- Oral hygiene education
- Fluoride treatments
- Root canals
- Referral for patients who may benefit from braces
- Latest imaging technology
- Electronic medical records