Eco-Friendly Health Care
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
With the development of our new heath facility, Spectrum Community Health Center (SCHC), we are on the forefront of our industry with environmentally-friendly initiatives, sustainable business practices and eco-conscious efforts. Our health facility have earned us one of the highest LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) ratings, Silver. SCHC is now became one of an elite group of health facilities in the entire nation.
Designed as a "green" campus, meaning that buildings use key resources such as energy, water, materials, and land more efficiently than buildings erected simply to building code. It's been established that green (or environmentally sustainable) buildings contribute to improved health, comfort, and productivity of their residents by utilizing more natural light and promoting better air quality.
Spectrum Health Services, Inc. (SHS) commitment to employ green practices extends well beyond its bricks and mortar. This means SHS employs new operating policies and procedures regarding facility maintenance, housekeeping, and waste management.
What makes SCHC environmentally friendly:
- Easy access to public transportation
- Availability of bike racks
- Energy Start Equipment
- Water efficient landscaping
- Use of building materials with recycled content
- Use of local/regional construction material to reduce transportation issues
- Use of low VOC materials such as sealants, adhesives, paints, and carpets
- Installation of air filtration systems that increase indoor air quality.
- Installation of water fixtures that reduce water use
- Maximum use of daylight and views
SCHC is also committed to environmental responsibility by:
- Employing a "green" education program for staff, patients, and visitors
- Continued use of recycled content and local materials whenever possible