Family Planning Services
- The two-thirds of women who use contraception consistently and correctly only account for 5 percent of unintended pregnancies.
- The 19 percent of women who use birth control inconsistently account for a whopping 43 percent of all unintended pregnancies.
- Every year, fewer than 1 in 100 women will become pregnant if they take the pill every day, but 9 in 100 will if they don't manage to take the pill daily.
Consider the following:
- What would it be like if you got pregnant now?
- How soon do you want to be pregnant?
- Do you want to have children in the future?
- Would you remember to take birth control daily?
- Have you ever used a birth control method in the past?
SPECTRUM OFFERS the following family planning services:
- Regular pelvic exams and pap smears. You should start these exams at age 21 for early detection of
- any cervical changes.
- Preventative and contraceptive management to prevent an unwanted pregnancy or have better control over the timing of your pregnancy.
- Options counseling and education. Our providers can point you towards the right screening method or birth control method from pills, patches, and rings to long acting reversible methods.
- Walk-in STD and pregnancy testing.
- Brand new teen clinic providing pregnancy testing, STD testing, contraceptive management, and other teen focused services.