Nutrition Counseling & Education Services
Of the 10 largest cities in the USA, Philadelphia has the highest rates of:
(High blood pressure)
Low birth weight births
- Most youth in America do not reach the daily recommendation for fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, yet exceed the maximum daily intake recommendations for sodium, added sugars, and solid fats.
- Most Americans drink twice as much soda as they do milk.
- Healthy eating reduces the risk for developing high cholesterol, cancer, osteoporosis, iron-deficiency anemia, and dental caries.
Spectrum offers the following services to maintain good nutrition:
- Weight management counseling to help you reach or maintain a healthy BMI (a healthy weight for your gender and height). Healthy BMIs fall in between 18.5 and 24.9.
- Individualized diet plans for various chronic diseases.
- Diabetes education.
- Physical activity recommendations and resources. Children and adolescents should get at least 60 minutes of physical activity daily. Adults need approximately two and a half hours of moderate activity a week.