- There are greater than 10 vaccine-preventable diseases that children can get vaccinated for prior to age 2.
- The rates of childhood obesity and diabetes are at an all-time high.
- High school youth in Philadelphia are statistically much less physically active than the rest of the country.
- 49% of teens who are sexually active did not use a condom during their most recent sexual encounter.
- Asthma affects 7 million children in the United States under the age of 18.
SPECTRUM OFFERS the following services to keep your child healthy:
- Annual physicals to make sure he or she is developing in a healthy way.
- Vaccines for the appropriate age to keep your child up to date.
- Physical activity recommendations and resources. Children and adolescents should get at least 60
minutes of physical activity daily.
- Annual hearing and vision screenings. Children should be screened annually while they are growing and
developing to check for any abnormalities.
- Seek safe sex guidance to prevent STDs.
- On-site spirometry testing to monitor asthma status.