At Spectrum Health Services, Inc., our most valuable assets are the amazing employees and volunteers who provide expert, compassionate care and make a real difference in people’s lives every single day.
Spectrum Health Services, Inc., (SHS) offers a variety of internship opportunities:
High School Student
- Learn the basics: office support, such as filing and data entry.
- Learn what it takes to run an FQHC: project support, such as data collection, quantitative analytics, data analysis and other special projects.
- Be a part of our team on a project-specific basis: support such as, needs assessment, demographic assessment, survey development and analysis; qualitative data collection, and other special projects.
Contact Human Resources for more information at email@example.com. SHS eligibility requirements may apply.
SHS Board Member
Spectrum Health Services, Inc., (SHS). Board of Directors is largely made up of community members and current and past patients. This ensures the needs of the community are being met in terms of addressing health issues and in the quality and delivery of services.
- Meets monthly
- Is a working board (expect to have “things to do” in-between meetings)
- Oversees the governance of SHS
Are you interested in serving a medically underserved area or population? Do you have ideas on how to improve the health of our community? Do you think you can help improve the health center’s operations?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, SHS Board membership may be right for you. But to get a feel for what’s expected, we suggest volunteering on our SHS’s Sub Committee first.
For information on Board membership at SHS contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteering on a sub-committee is a great way to learn about Spectrum Community Health Center. If you were thinking about applying to be on the SHS Board of Directors, spending time on an sub-committee would be an excellent first step to becoming familiar with the organization and the community it serves.
Your role as a sub-committee member is to be an ambassador for the health center. Some of the tasks and activities you might be asked to perform include the following:
- Review patient satisfaction survey results
- Recommend changes based on the analysis
- Review and recommend changes to hours of operation
- Share observations or concerns about building conditions
- Take FQHC Training – 19 key program requirements
- Assess community trends and needs
- Assist with community relations / promotion
- Participate in health center events
- Meet quarterly
For information on volunteering at SHS contact HR at email@example.com.